NORTH LITTLE ROCK — Open enrollment for Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage) will be Nov. 15 – Dec. 31. CareLink is offering free counseling sessions during this period to help Medicare beneficiaries choose prescription drug coverage plans best suited to their needs.
CareLink, which is not affiliated with any insurance company, is a private nonprofit agency serving older people and their families in Faulkner, Lonoke, Monroe, Prairie, Pulaski and Saline counties.[more]
CareLink Vice President for Community Services Beth Landon said Medicare beneficiaries need to re-evaluate their Part D policies annually. “Insurance companies change their fee schedules and the drugs they cover annually, so you can’t assume the coverage you have now will be the same next year,” she said.
Landon added, “I would recommend that any changes to your coverage be made by December 15 to give the insurance companies time to get them in place by Jan. 1.”
Those who need help in choosing a prescription drug plan should call CareLink at 501-372-5300 or 1-800-482-6359 to make an appointment for individual counseling at the CareLink office, 706 W. Fourth St., North Little Rock. Homebound beneficiaries may make an appointment to have a care coordinator come to their homes to assist them.
CareLink employees are also scheduled to be at the following senior centers; appointments should be made by calling the centers:
In Saline County:
• Benton Senior Center (210 Jefferson St., 501-315-0645), 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 10;
• Bryant Senior Center (702 S.W. Fourth St., 501-847-0809), 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 25.
In Pulaski County:
• Camp Aldersgate (2000 Aldersgate Road, Little Rock, 501-225-1444), 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Dec. 3;
• Cumberland Towers (311 E. Eighth St., Little Rock, 501-374-1928), 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Nov. 17;
• Patrick Henry Hays Senior Citizens Center (401 W. Pershing, North Little Rock, 501-975-4297), 9:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Nov. 16, Dec. 14;
• Jacksonville Senior Center (100 Victory Circle, 501-982-7531), 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Nov. 18;
• Sherwood Senior Center (2301 Thornhill Dr., 501-834-5770), 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 30;
• Maumelle Senior Center (550 Edgewood Dr., Lower Level, 501-851-4344), 8 a.m.-noon Nov. 20.